Welcome To The Smoothie of The Week Club Week 3.
You will receive 2 delicious smoothies this week that will help you alleviate anxieties naturally!
Natural supplements for anxiety (ingredients to make smoothies):
Stress, pressure, problems in life…All these situations mess up with our mood and how we feel. However, anxiety is not only related to external daylife trouble. It has a lot to do with your body and nutrients that you might be missing. So food is a powerful tool against anxiety. The protagonist of this week is another Berry with amazing anxiety relieving properties, a source of antioxidants and it`s so so delicious. Blackberry!
The main ingredients in this week are:
- · Blackberry: Rich in fibers, antioxidants, vitamins and especially Magnesium. It has as much magnesium as raspberry.
- · Hazelnuts: They help a lot with natural GABA production, they are part of the group of nuts that helps with this compound. Hazelnuts are also a source of good fats and can contribute positively to neurotransmission.
- · Milk: It is an awesome protein source and has tryptophan. Fat proportions might vary. Milk is a desirable presence in the smoothies of this week.
- · Yogurt: A texture slightly different from milk, full of calming tryptophan. In the Smoothies of this week, yogurt interacts with the berry flavors, creating nourishing textures.
- · Brazil nuts: Source of selenium, a mineral that consumed in right proportions can help with the right function of the brain. However, large amounts of selenium might have negative effects.
Week 3 – Smoothie #1 – Smoothie recipe for anxiety:
Blackberry-Strawberry Smoothie with Coconut and Hazelnut
- 1 tbsp. hazelnuts
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- ¼ cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp. Coconut flakes
- ½ Natural vanilla extract
- Ice cubes to taste
- Natural stevia or Monk Fruit sweetener to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and mix well. Add sweetener little by little to taste. If you prefer, you can add coconut after blending.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.1g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.4g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||20%|
|Total Sugars 19g|
|Vitamin D 95mcg||476%|
(Please keep in mind that when you are on the keto diet to get your net carbs you must subtract the fiber from the carbohydrates so you your total carb intake is going to be less)